Officiating in Bedfordshire is very healthy. We have a full programme of mentoring across the County to aid umpire development.
The Officiating TSG, current members listed below, oversee the implementation of all aspects of officiating, i.e. umpiring, mentoring, assessing, courses as described in the County Plan.
Anyone wishing to progress their umpiring or in fact get onto the umpiring ladder, or if you have any umpiring issue, please feel free to contact a member of the Officiating group email addresses as listed below
Congratualtions to the following who have successfully passed their Umpiring award
INTO OFFICIATING AWARD
Ella Fountain Mandy Mistlin,
Lisa Smith, Heather Searing,
Rachael Stocker Patrice Terry,
County Officiating TSG Members:
Rule Amendments for all Netball in England from January 2018.
2nd November 2017
Following extensive consultation with member countries the International Netball Federation (INF) has released a set of amendments to the Rules of Netball which will come into effect from 1st January 2018. These should be used for all Netball in England and also in conjunction with the England Netball Domestic Guidance.
The main purpose for the rule amendments was to make some definitions clearer which in turn allows the rules to become more accessible by the game’s many participants throughout the World.
For your information here are the highlights of the amendments made in this update:
• New definitions of breaking, pivot and set (for a free pass and penalty pass)
• The sanction if a free pass or penalty pass is taken in an incorrect position
• When a player who is in the correct position may take the penalty pass
• Umpires hold time to give a caution and new caution signal added
• Change ‘official warning’ to ‘warning’ throughout rules book
• Suspension period is 2 minutes playing time
• State when a player may move into the court surround
• Minor tidy up to remove duplication and provide clarity
In addition to these rule changes the INF has released a supplement that can be used in conjunction with the 2016 edition of the Rules Book.
England Netball has adapted the original supplement provided by the INF to ensure Officials can print and cut out the rule amendments and insert them into the 2016 edition of the Rules Book. The Rule Book supplement can be downloaded from this link;
The 2018 edition of the Rules Book will be available from the England Netball Shop from mid-November.